Celebrating the best of PR across East Anglia and the Chilterns
More than 150 PR professionals gathered at The Guildhall in Cambridge last night for the 2017 CIPR Anglia, Thames and Chiltern PRide Awards - the region's annual celebration of outstanding public relations practice.
NNUH claimed two gold awards, including best Community Relations campaign for their 'Dementia Information and Advice Fayre' campaign. They succeeded in promoting understanding of dementia in Norfolk and were praised by judges for "forging greater links and engagement with a number of community groups".
Consultancies Promote PR and Prominent PR were the evening's other big winners, with the latter’s Marketing Manager - Abi Gagen MCIPR - awarded Outstanding Young Communicator.Revered Outstanding In-House PR Team and Public Relations Consultancy prizes were awarded to the University of Bedfordshire and Athene Communications, respectively.
Amanda Bunn MCIPR and Adam Tuckwell MCIPR, Co-Chairs of CIPR East Anglia commented:
“Every year we are blown away by the vast amount of talent and creativity possessed by PR professionals across East Anglia, Thames and Chiltern. The CIPR PRide Awards are an excellent opportunity to showcase and celebrate the great work they deliver. For everyone nominated, shortlisted and crowned overall category winners, we would like to offer sincere congratulations to you all.”
Gold Winners from the 2017 CIPR Anglia, Thames and Chiltern PRide Awards:
- Internal Communications Campaign - Sovereign Housing Association, Together, we make a difference
- Consumer Relations Campaign – Cirkle, Mr Kipling 'Bou-Cake'
- Public Sector Campaign - Norfolk County Council, No more lonely days in Norfolk
- Community Relations Campaign – NNUH, Dementia Information and Advice Fayre Campaign #NNUHDAW2017
- Not-for-Profit Campaign - Big Wave PR and Remembrance Travel, Returning D Day Veterans to Normandy
- Healthcare Campaign – NNUH, Proud to be an NNUH Flu Fighter!
- Integrated Campaign - Plain Speaking PR, Dipple & Conway: Norwich Fashion Week 2017
- Low Budget Campaign - Prominent PR and British Baby Box, Bold approach with basic budget results in big baby brand boost
- Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign - Promote PR, England Athletics, RunTogether
- Construction, Property or Infrastructure Campaign - Luminescence, Clear Architects: Property PR
- Education Communications Campaign - University of Bedfordshire, Graduate as a Professional: Clearing 2016
- Regional Campaign of the Year - Pier Marketing, East of England Co-op Sourced Locally Fortnight
- Best Use of Media Relations - Promote PR, England Athletics, RunTogether
- Best Use of Social Media - Twelve PR, CANvenient Bites with Canned Food UK
- Best Event - Big Wave PR, Papa John's Pizza Woolly Jumper Masterpiece
- Outstanding Young Communicator - Abi Gagen MCIPR, Prominent PR
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team - University of Bedfordshire
- Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy - Prominent PR
- Outstanding Mid-Sized Public Relations Consultancy - CubanEight
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy - Athene Communications
About the Region
This event is an amalgamation of the CIPR East Anglia and Thames & Chiltern regions, covering the counties of Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Oxfordshire and Suffolk.
About the CIPR PRide Awards
The CIPR PRide Awards is the UK’s most prestigious nation-wide awards scheme, recognising excellence in public relations and communications across Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and six English regions. Past winners continue to reap the benefits of their successes long after achieving them. Now in its 14th year, the PRide Awards attracted around 1,000 entries from public relations teams, consultancies and individuals across the UK.
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is by far the biggest member organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).