Celebrating the best of PR in the South of England
Around 220 public relations gathered at the Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel yesterday evening for a black-tie celebration to honour the region’s thriving public relations community.
The CIPR South of England and Channel Islands PRide Awards saw Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust recognised for an innovative campaign in the healthcare category. The Trusts’ Communications Team was approached by a Matron who had trialled open visiting hours for carers, friends and relatives of patients.
The team was tasked with devising a campaign to overcome resistance and fear amongst staff, while simultaneously promoting open visiting hours to patients and visitors. #letsbeopen delivered a notable improvement in patient experience and reduced the number of communications inquiries.
Bath-based consultancy, Highlight PR won two Gold Awards, including Best Use of Social Media for a popular #FindingAquaBeads campaign, on behalf of global craft brand Aquabeads.
Bristol City Council took home the Outstanding In-House Team title, while Astley Media and Liquid picked up Outstanding Small PR Consultancy and Outstanding PR Consultancy, respectively.
Mark Oliphant Chart.PR MCIPR, Chair of CIPR Channel Islands, Natasha Tobin FCIPR, Chair of CIPR Wessex and Rachel Picken Chart.PR MCIPR, Chair of CIPR South West commented:
"The South of England and Channel Islands is an exceptionally diverse and vibrant region for the PR and Communications sector. We've had strong entries across the board, celebrating excellence in media relations, content, storytelling, integrated campaigns and social. We also recognised the very best people across our region - from independent practitioners and young communicators to in-house teams and agencies. We're very proud of the campaigns and teams being celebrated this year and would like to congratulate all the shortlisted candidates and winners.”
Full Gold Award winners from the 2017 CIPR South of England and Channel Islands PRide Awards:
• Corporate and Business Communications Campaign - Southern Water, The Unflushables
• Consumer Relations Campaign - ADPR and Helly Hansen, On the Horizon
• Public Sector Campaign - Ordnance Survey, OS Maps Aerial 3D Launch
• Community Relations Campaign - Southampton Solent University, Small Faces
• Not-for-Profit Campaign - Police Federation of England and Wales, Believe in Blue
• Healthcare Campaign - Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust, #letsbeopen
• Integrated Campaign - Highlight PR, Sylvanian Families~
• Low Budget Campaign - The McOnie Agency, Will Robots steal our jobs?
• STEM Campaign - Fieldworks and ShopperTrak, Capitalising on peak trading footfall
• Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign - Shooting Star, From Sidecars to Superstars
• Regional Campaign of the Year - Barefoot Media, Padstow Christmas Festival 2016
• Best Use of Media Relations - McCann Bristol and Haynes Publishing, Haynes Explains life with cheeky parodies
• Best Use of Social Media - Highlight PR, #FindingAquabeads
• Best Publication – Target, Leading magazine: a meeting of inquiring minds
• Best Event – AMBITIOUS, Bringing Social Media Week to Bristol
• Issues, Crisis or Reputational Management - Inside Media, Aston Manor - earning the reputation they merit
• Outstanding Young Communicator - Joe Ball MCIPR, Bristol City Council
• Outstanding Independent Practitioner - Rachel Picken Chart.PR, MCIPR, Agile PR
• Public Sector Team of the Year - University of Bath
• Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team - Bristol City Council
• Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy - Astley Media
• Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy - Liquid
About the CIPR PRide Awards
The CIPR PRide Awards is the UK’s most prestigious nation-wide awards scheme, recognising excellence in public relations and communications across Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and six English regions. Past winners continue to reap the benefits of their successes long after achieving them. Now in its 14th year, the PRide Awards attracted around 1,000 entries from public relations teams, consultancies and individuals across the UK.
About the Region
This event is an amalgamation of the CIPR South West, Channel Islands, Wessex and Home Counties South regions, covering the counties of Bristol, Cornwall, Dorset, Devonshire, East Sussex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Somerset, Surrey, The Channel Islands, West Sussex, and Wiltshire.