CIPR Election 2016 – Casting your vote
Voting opens in the CIPR Election 2016 today. The following elections will take place:
- President-Elect (1 Seat, 3 Candidates)
- England Regional Groups list (5 Council seats, 6 candidates)
- Open List (8 Council seats, 17 Candidates)
Ballot papers will be emailed to eligible members today. Please note the following:
- Only members at MCIPR, FCIPR or Hon FCIPR grades may vote
- Your ballot paper will be emailed to you by UK ENGAGE – the company providing election services to the CIPR
- Ballot papers will be sent in batches – not everyone will receive their paper at the same time
- UK Engage aim to have dispatched all ballot papers by 12 noon
- All eligible members may vote for President-Elect and Open List candidates
- Only eligible members in England may vote for England Regional Groups List candidates.
Eligible members who have not recorded a valid email address with CIPR will receive a postal ballot paper by Thursday 15 September. Voting closes at 5pm on 23 September.
Further information on the elections, including video statements from the President-Elect Candidates, can be found on the CIPR website.
What to do you if your Ballot paper has not arrived by 12 noon:
- Check all spam files, folders or settings with your email provider
- Contact UK Engage (email)
UK Engage will refer any queries about eligibility to the CIPR. For any general queries regarding the Election, please contact Returning Officer, Martin Turner.
About CIPR Elections
The CIPR is a Chartered body led by a President, who is the Chairman of the Institute and the representative of the profession in the UK. CIPR members elect a President-Elect every autumn who succeeds to the Presidency after 1 year and then serves a further year as Past President. Members also elect an Honorary Treasurer. Council elections are held every 2 years.