PRide Awards showcase exceptional PR in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire
More than 200 public relations practitioners gathered at The Queens hotel in Leeds last night for the CIPR Yorkshire and Lincolnshire PRide Awards - the region’s annual celebration of outstanding PR practice.
Local consultancy, Aberfield Communications swept the board by claiming four Gold Awards, including Outstanding PR Consultancy and Outstanding Small PR Consultancy. Judges were impressed by the consultancy’s rapid business growth since its founding in 2012, and also commended staff for their collective commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
The Right Agency, Hatch Communications and Acceleris all earned double Gold awards on the night, with the latter winning the Integrated Campaign award for their work with the NHS on improving access to wheelchairs for disabled people across the country. The cost-effective ‘Right Chair, Right Time, Right Now’ campaign harnessed innovative tactics to achieve excellent results, including a slot on the BBC News at Six.
ilk’s Senior Account Manager, Laura Smith MCIPR was named Outstanding Young Communicator, whist Irwin Mitchell picked up the coveted Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team award.
This year we've seen the emergence of new teams setting up, young agencies coming of age and established companies spreading their wings – in specialisms, sectors and locations. The PRide winners give a great account of why Yorkshire has cemented its position as a centre of excellence for public relations and digital communications in the UK.
Full Gold Award winners from the 2016 CIPR Yorkshire and Lincolnshire PRide Awards:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign - Aberfield Communications, Making Waves With EventProfs
- Internal Communications Campaign - Spiral Communications, Lloyds Banking Group Colleague Reward Package
- Consumer Relations Campaign - Prohibition PR, How GOOD is your birthday?
- Public Sector Campaign - Hatch Communications, Be A Hero - Yorkshire's Organ Donation Campaign
- Community Relations Campaign - Engage Comms, Building community bonds with the new Harrogate Civic HQ
- Not-for-Profit Campaign - The Right Agency, Tasty PR for the National Skills Academy for Food and Drink
- Integrated Campaign – Acceleris, NHS Improving Quality's Wheelchair Leadership Alliance - Right Chair, Right Time, Right Now
- Low Budget Campaign – ilk, Launching EU beers for the undecided masses with Little Valley Brewery
- STEM Campaign - The Right Agency, Tasty PR for the National Skills Academy for Food and Drink
- Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign - Aberfield Communications, Creating Inspirational Moments
- Education Communications Campaign - Faith PR, Passing the test - helping Grammar School increase admissions
- Regional Campaign of the Year - Hatch Communications, Be A Hero - Yorkshire's Organ Donation Campaign
- Best Use of Media Relations - University of Sheffield, Transform your Future: Clearing Campaign 2015
- Best Use of Social Media – Harris, Build Your Career With Us!
- Best Publication – Acceleris, Home From Sea - 150th Anniversary Book for The Royal Alfred Seafarers' Society
- Best Event - Faith PR, Turtle Bay gets Huddersfield Jammin'
- Issues or Crisis Management - Yorkshire Water, Pocklington Loss of Water Supply
- Outstanding Young Communicator - Laura Smith MCIPR, ilk
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team - Irwin Mitchell
- Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy - Aberfield Communications
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy - Aberfield Communications
About the CIPR PRide Awards
The CIPR PRide Awards is the UK’s most prestigious nation-wide awards scheme, recognising excellence in public relations and communications across Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and six English regions. Past winners continue to reap the benefits of their successes long after achieving them. Now in its 13th year, the PRide Awards attracted more than 1,000 entries from public relations teams, consultancies and individuals across the UK.
About CIPR Yorkshire and Lincolnshire
The CIPR Yorkshire & Lincolnshire group aims to provide a local support network for CIPR members.
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is by far the biggest member organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).