Winners revealed at North West regional CIPR PRide Awards
The annual CIPR North West PRide Awards took place last night (29 November), celebrating and awarding communications and public relations professionals from across the North West.
This year’s awards dinner was held at the Monastery, Manchester, where around 300 guests gathered for a black tie gala event hosted by special guest, former Smiths drummer Mike Joyce. The PRide awards are sponsored nationally by Precise, PRWeek, and Specialist Speakers, with regional sponsorship for the North West from PRNewswire, Markettiers 4DC, Huntress Group, ST16, Direct Impact, and Joe Gardner Photography.
26 gold awards were handed out to 16 different winners, all of whom have been judged as the best in the region by their peers. Three special individual awards were presented on the night for ‘Outstanding Young Communicator’, awarded to Emma Cameron of Havas PR; ‘Best Freelance Practitioner’ which was given to Hilary Berg MCIPR; and Amanda Coleman MCIPR was honoured as the ‘Outstanding PR Professional’ in the North West area.
Consultancies and public relations teams picking up awards included Pelican PR who took home three gold awards and one silver; Stockport Council who collected three golds including the top prize for ‘Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team’; and Brazen PR who were named as the ‘Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy’ amongst their three gold awards. IAS b2b Marketing picked up the most gold awards on the night collecting four, including the award for ‘Best Event’ for the music festival IAStival.
Erin Portsmouth MCIPR, Chair of the CIPR North West Group, commented on the awards evening:
The full list of 2012 North West PRide Award Winners is as follows:
- Corporate and Business Communications - IAS b2b Marketing - The Institute of Contemporary Print
- Not-for-Proft - Pelican Public Relations - Aerofoil Makes Recycling a Breeze
- Internal Communications - IAS b2b Marketing - IAStival
- Community Relations - Stockport Council - Right Thing, Right Bin
- Public Sector - Stockport Council - Right Thing, Right Bin
- Best Campaign £10,000 and under – RMS - Factory of Love
- Best Sporting Campaign - Pelican Public Relations - Peddling Cycling's National Championships
- Healthcare - Judge & Howard - Re-launch of patient.co.uk
- Consumer Relations - Smoking Gun - Nissan shows it cares
- Best Use of Media Relations - Peppermint PR - Trinity Elite launches at a canter
- Integrated Communications - IAS b2b Marketing - The Institute of Contemporary Print
- Best Use of Social Media - Brazen PR - Tapping Into The Tribe
- External Publication - West Cumbria Managing Radioactive Waste Safely Partnership - Nuclear waste repository consultation pack
- Internal Publication - University of Cumbria - Connect
- Best Digital Campaign - Brazen PR - Brazen 'Did IT' With Ronseal
- Best Event - IAS b2b Marketing - IAStival
- Outstanding Young Communicator - Emma Cameron – Havas PR
- Outstanding Small Consultancy - LABEL PR
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team - Stockport Council
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy - Brazen PR
- Corporate Responsibility – MBNA - MBNA Tackling Numbers
- Crisis Communications - Pelican Public Relations - Be Prepared: making crisis communications work for Biffa
- Best Use of Photography or Design - Havas PR - Pets at Home Christmas Campaign
- Best Freelance Practitioner - Hilary Berg Consulting MCIPR
- Best Use of Measurement and Evaluation - Judge & Howard - Re-launch of patient.co.uk
- Outstanding PR Professional - Amanda Coleman
View the full list of results, with gold winner case studies, on the CIPR website.
About the CIPR PRide Awards
The CIPR PRide Awards is the only UK-wide awards scheme that recognises excellence in public relations and communications work across Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the English regions. Now in its ninth year, the CIPR PRide Awards grow year-on-year as consultancies and organisations increasingly recognise the benefits of industry awards, and past winners continue to reap the benefits of receiving one.
Alongside CIPR Scotland, CIPR Wales/Cymru and CIPR Northern Ireland, taking part in the 2012 CIPR PRide Awards are East Anglia, Home Counties South, Midlands, North East, North West, Thames and Chiltern, West of England, Wessex and Channel Islands, and Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
About the CIPR
The CIPR is the professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK. With over 9,500 members involved in all aspects of public relations, it is the largest body of its type in Europe. The CIPR advances the public relations profession in the UK by making its members accountable through a code of conduct, developing policies, representing its members and raising standards through education and training.