Celebrating the best of PR across the North West
Around 300 PR professionals gathered at The Principal in Manchester last night for the CIPR North West PRide Awards - the region’s annual public relations showcase.
Manchester-based Smoking Gun PR were crowned Outstanding PR Consultancy of the year. The consultancy also picked up Best Use of Photography or Design for their light-hearted Hot Cross Trump campaign, which depicted the US President’s facial expressions in food art to promote Oven Pride cleaner.
Weber Shandwick took home three Gold Awards, including two for the launch of Ferrari Land – Europe’s only theme park dedicated to the iconic brand.
Closer to home, NHS Merseyside won the Healthcare Campaign award for successfully encouraging NHS staff to protect themselves and patients by having the flu vaccination. Judges praised the organisation’s use of “clear objectives” and “focussed research”.
The resilience, professionalism and creativity of public relations practitioners from across the North West has once again shown through in the PRide awards.
The Manchester Attack had consequences that stretched far beyond our region, and the world class response of emergency services and their PR teams was outstanding. This year the CIPR North West committee wanted to recognise the Greater Manchester Police Communications Team for their resilient attitude, strategic approach and unwavering focus on the victims and their families. Their co-ordination of activity across print, broadcast, online and social media was a huge credit to the expertise within this relatively small team.
This year, as we continue to face ever leaner budgets and even more challenge as a profession, the quality and quantity of entries was outstanding. A huge congratulations to everyone who was shortlisted and especially to our winners. I'm incredibly proud of everyone celebrating at this year's PRide awards.
Gold Winners from the 2017 North West PRide Awards:
• Corporate and Business Communications Campaign - Refresh PR and STM Photography, The Food Porn Awards – The Next Course
• Internal Communications Campaign - Enthuse Communications and Kelloggs, KASPER
• Consumer Relations Campaign - N Brown Group (Jacamo), Real Man Runway
• Public Sector Campaign - Peppermint Soda, Let's Adopt - Give Us A Voice
• Community Relations Campaign - Catapult PR, Champion for a Day
• Not-for-Profit Campaign - Purple Riot, The Empty Shop at Manchester Arndale
• Healthcare Campaign - NHS Merseyside, #JabDone
• Integrated Campaign - Skout PR, Procurement 2020
• Low Budget Campaign - PR Hunter, CMT Awareness Month 2016 - Know it All
• STEM Campaign - The University of Manchester, Manchester – European City of Science 2016
• Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign - Fido PR, Creating a Splash for Victoria Baths
• Education Communications Campaign - Petal & Co. and Tunafish, University of Salford - match made in Salford
• Best Use of Media Relations - Rule 5 and Blackpool Pleasure Beach, An Icon Is Born
• Best Use of Digital - Weber Shandwick, Thrills on Film for Ferrari Land
• Best Use of Social Media - Weber Shandwick, #LoveCarex: Getting Millennials to Fall For Hand Wash
• Best Use of Photography or Design - Smoking Gun PR, Oven Pride - Hot Cross Trump
• Best Publication - Intelligent Conversation and Manchester Metropolitan University, Met Magazine: A masterclass in brand journalism
• Best Event - Weber Shandwick, Starting up the Engines for Ferrari Land
• Issues, Crisis or Reputational Management - Outwrite PR, Correcting perceptions in search results and the public
• Outstanding Independent Practitioner - Jane Hunt MCIPR, Catapult PR
• Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team - M&S Bank
• Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy - Refresh PR
• Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy - Smoking Gun PR
Notes to editors
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is the largest membership organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).