CIPR confirm full speaker line-up and BSL interpretation and translation for #CIPRConf21
The Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is has announced the full line-up of speakers for its forthcoming conference together with confirmation that BSL interpretation and translation will be available for all delegates.
The two-day virtual conference - 'Stakeholder Engagement in a Changing World' - is kindly being supported by Involve Interpreter who are providing interpreters for every session. Delegates will have the option to watch the sessions with a BSL interpreter, with live closed captions, or with both. Alternatively, those attending can watch the speakers without any of those options. The conference is on November 9 and 10 and anyone booked to attend will have access to the full event recordings for 60 days after the event.
Latest speaker line-up
Confirmed speakers include:
- Iain Anderson, the government’s new LGBT Business Champion
- Simon Baugh, Chief Executive of the Government Communication Service
- Sarah Binnie, Head of Climate Change, Public Policy at Natwest Group
- Nicola Blackwood, former Minister for Innovation at the Department of Health and Social Care, current Chair of Genomics England and Member of the Lords Science and Technology Select Committee
- Kelly Hunstone, Chief Executive of Social Change UK
- Dex Hunter-Torricke, Head of Communications of the Facebook Oversight Board
- James Lyons, Director of Communications at NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Claire-Marie Mason MCIPR, Senior Media Engagement Manager at the RNLI
- Rob Price, Co-founder of the principle of 'Corporate Digital Responsibility'
- Jo Roberts, Communications Director at Heathrow Airport
- Ruth Shulver, Deputy Director of Media and Communications at the Metropolitan Police Service
With an estimated 151,000 users of BSL in the UK, it is more important than ever to make conferences, live events and digital content accessible to everyone. Providing BSL interpretation and translation not only promotes awareness of BSL users but also promotes inclusivity. We are delighted to partner with the CIPR for their annual conference and hope that our services make a difference to some of those attending or even others who hadn't previously considered attending. The Involve team are looking forward to joining the event and will be there to answer any questions you may have about our services.
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the world's only Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas with nearly 10,000 members.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).