CIPR Excellence Awards 2017 showcase outstanding PR talent
- Global giant M&C Saatchi PR take home Outstanding Large Consultancy award
- Consumer & tech outfit Dynamo named Outstanding Mid-Sized Consultancy
- Yorkshire-based iseepr win Outstanding Small Consultancy
- VisitScotland awarded Outstanding In-House Team
The Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) has announced the results of public relations' most prestigious annual awards ceremony.
More than 650 public relations professionals from over 120 agencies and organisations gathered at the Artillery Garden at the HAC, London for the thirty-third instalment of the CIPR Excellence Awards.
BBC's Mock The Week Comedian Andy Parsons hosted a lively ceremony, which saw Third City and Wellcome Trust's inspiring #OutsmartEpidemics campaign crowned winner of the Best of Use of Digital and STEM Campaign categories.
The hard-hitting campaign - which showcased the need for societies to prevent the spread of health epidemics - earned support from the world’s leading decision makers, culminating in $350m in funding for new vaccinations.
Fraud prevention leader Cifas also enjoyed a double-win, claiming Not-for-Profit and Integrated Campaign trophies for the cleverly crafted 'Data to go campaign' aimed at spotlighting awareness of identity fraud.
Other successes on the night included Connect's Public Affairs #ForAccessibleHomes campaign, which increased the number of lifetime homes and wheelchair standard homes built in the UK. Judges credited the campaign with "creating a legacy, both with the client (Habinteg) and the implementation of change for people locally".
2014 CIPR President Sarah Pinch Chart.PR, FCIPR paid an emotional tribute public sector communicators before awarding Essex Police and Essex County Partners with the Public Sector Campaign award. The organisation's domestic abuse campaign - Reflect - encouraged perpetrators to change behaviour and seek support from a local Essex charity.
Revered Outstanding Independent Practitioner and Outstanding Young Communicator titles were awarded to Rachel Miller FCIPR and Anne-Marie Lacey MCIPR, respectively.
View all the photos from the night on our Facebook page.
CIPR Excellence Awards 2017 Winners
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign: Engage - Bell Pottinger and Ripple, Making waves in Europe
- Internal Communications Campaign: The Sovini Group, The Sovini Games
- Consumer Relations Campaign: Taylor Herring and UKTV , The Real Mr. Darcy – A Dramatic Reappraisal
- Public Sector Campaign: Essex Police and Essex County Partners, Reflect - Domestic Abuse campaign
- Corporate Social Responsibility Campaign: The Playbook , Seeing Is Believing for Standard Chartered
- Public Affairs Campaign: Connect, #ForAccessibleHomes
- Not-for-Profit Campaign: Cifas, Data to Go
- Healthcare Campaign: Red Consultancy, Zookeeper Zoe Eye Check Storybook
- Integrated Campaign: Cifas, Data to Go
- Global Public Relations Campaign: MHP - Engine and NHS Blood & Transplant, Missing Type International
- Issues, Crisis or Reputational Management: Exeter City Council, Cathedral Green Fire, Exeter
- Automotive Campaign: Performance Communications, Fiat Professional Tradesman Trials
- Low Budget Campaign MHP and Laithwaite's Wine: Chateau Peckham, Changing of the Vines
- STEM Campaign: Third City and Wellcome Trust, Let's #OutsmartEpidemics
- Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign English Heritage: 1066 - Year of the Normans
- Construction, Property or Infrastructure Campaign: Copper Consultancy, Beauty is in the eye of the gasholder
- Education Communications Campaign: Loughborough University , #LboroFamily's Golden Ticket
- Best Use of Media Relations: Stand Agency and Anchor Trust, SU4SD - Standing Up 4 Sitting Down
- Best Use of Digital: Third City and Wellcome Trust, Let's #OutsmartEpidemics
- Best Use of Social Media: Newcastle City Council, Channel Shift
- Best External Publication: Up North Communications and Byker Community Trust, Byker News Tenants' Newsletter
- Best Internal Publication: British Steel, Steel Matters
- Best Event: Tin Man, The Ben 10 (Rust) Bucket List for Cartoon Network
- Outstanding Young Communicator: Filament PR, Anne-Marie Lacey MCIPR
- Outstanding Independent Practitioner: All Things IC , Rachel Miller FCIPR
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team: VisitScotland
- Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy iseepr
- Outstanding Mid-Sized Public Relations Consultancy: Dynamo Communications
- Outstanding Large Public Relations Consultancy: M&C Saatchi PR
Notes to editors
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is the largest membership organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).