CIPR Excellence Awards 2021 winners revealed
PR Agency One was the big winner at this year's CIPR Excellence Awards picking up three awards for their 'Eau de New Car' campaign with Auto Trader. The ceremony - headline sponsored by 3Gem and hosted online by broadcaster, Jason Mohammad - celebrated the stand-out agencies, teams, and individuals across the profession over the last 12 months.
The 'Eau de New Car' campaign saw PR Agency One pick up the Integrated Campaign award, the Transport or Automotive Campaign award, and Best Use of Digital award, as well as a mark of excellence in two other categories.
This year’s awards featured 34 categories, including three new accolades for 'Best COVID Response' for agencies, in-house teams, and the public sector and charities.
Other winners included agency, Engine Mischief, who won the Consumer Relations Campaign award and the Best Agency COVID response award for their 'Delivering Christmas Kindness' campaign with ASDA, Tin Man who was named PR Consultancy of the Year, and Rise at Seven who won New PR Consultancy of the Year. Avon and Somerset Police picked up the award for In-House PR Team of the year.
Christina Clynes, Head of Communications and Fundraising at Croydon Health Services NHS Trust picked up the revered Outstanding Young Communicator of the year award with Jane Hunt, MD of Catapult PR, named Independent PR Practitioner of the year.
This year's Excellence Awards was a powerful celebration of the talent that exists throughout the industry and the impact of their work, and is a testament to the value our profession delivers. That was never on display more than last year when, in the most challenging of circumstances, the PR community worked creatively and strategically to engage communities, support colleagues, and deliver for clients and organisations.
Many congratulations to all those who picked up an award at last night's ceremony and all those shortlisted.
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign - Catapult PR, Passport to Business Benefit
- Internal Communications Campaign - North East Ambulance Service, integrating and improving internal communications in a pandemic
- Consumer Relations Campaign - Engine Mischief , ASDA Delivering Christmas Kindness
- Public Sector Campaign Sussex Police - Knife Crime Campaign for 11-18-year-olds
- Social Purpose Campaign - Pic PR, Adopt-a-Grandparent
- Public Affairs Campaign Interel UK - APPG on Beauty, Aesthetics and Wellbeing: #notalaughingmatter
- Not-for-Profit Campaign -Dwr Cymru Welsh Water, Single Use Plastics
- Healthcare Campaign - North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care System, #DoYourBit campaign North East and North Cumbria
- Integrated Campaign - Auto Trader and PR Agency One, Eau de New Car
- Global Campaign – Woodrow, The 'Crew Change Crisis'
- Transport or Automotive Campaign - Auto Trader and PR Agency One, Eau de New Car
- Low Budget Campaign - Dwr Cymru Welsh Water, Bringing Lisvane and Llanishen Reservoirs back to life
- STEM Campaign – Kindred, IET Sports of The Future
- Arts, Culture, Sport or Entertainment Campaign - L.G. Publicity, United We Stream Greater Manchester
- Travel, Leisure or Tourism Campaign - Taylor Herring, Easyjet tackles the COVID-19 CRISIS
- Education Campaign - University of Oxford, Oxford University's COVID-19 Research
- Employee Experience / Engagement Campaign - Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) – LONDON, One Agency Delivering for Patients
- Best Use of Media Relations – Umpf, Street-Renaming Puts Shopping Centre Back On The Map
- Best Use of Digital - Auto Trader and PR Agency One, Eau de New Car
- Best Use of Social Media - The Met Office, Met Office TikTok
- Best Use of Content - Dude:London & Third City, Money Makes Money
- Best Event - Eco-Age and Pulse Films, The World's First Digital Green Carpet Fashion Awards
- Best COVID Response-Agency - Engine Mischief, ASDA Delivering Christmas Kindness
- Best COVID Response- In-House - King’s College London and ZOE, Giving scientists real time data to fight COVID
- Best COVID Response- Public Sector/Charity - Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, Royal Free London: response to Covid-19
- Best Staff Well Being Initiative - People's Postcode Lottery, WFH? The Well Flipping Happy at-home team!
- Best Publication Shell- Shell Sustainability Report
- Outstanding Young Communicator - Christina Clynes, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
- Independent PR Practitioner - Jane Hunt, Catapult PR
- In-House PR Team of the Year - Avon and Somerset Police
- Specialist PR Consultancy of the Year - Copper Consultancy
- New PR Consultancy of the Year - Rise at Seven
- Small PR Consultancy of the Year, Cowshed
- PR Consultancy of the Year - Tin Man
Mark of Excellence:
- Internal Communications Campaign - Fresh Communication, Mondelēz International’s Purpose Day 2020
- Consumer Relations Campaign - Auto Trader and PR Agency One , Eau de New Car
- Public Sector Campaign – Bluestorm, Modern day slavery: What Do You See?
- Social Purpose Campaign - Ketchum London, Quorn #StopFoodWaste
- Global Campaign - Pic PR, Adopt-a-Grandparent
- Transport or Automotive Campaign - Avanti West Coast, Pride All Year Round
- STEM Campaign - Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), Making the Difference
- Education Campaign - University College London, UCL-Ventura: life-saving breathing aids with international reach
- Employee Experience / Engagement Campaign - ORCHID , Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management #wecandothis
- Best Use of Media Relations - Pic PR, Adopt-a-Grandparent
- Best Use of Digital – Propellernet - Rage Yard, the ultimate 'car-thartic' experience
- Best Use of Content - Auto Trader and PR Agency One, Eau de New Car
- Best Event - 3 Monkeys Zeno, Wray & Nephew X Kano
- Best COVID Response – Agency - Media Hive, #takethevaccine
- Best COVID Response- Public Sector/Charity – Scouts, #TheGreatIndoors
- Best Staff Well Being Initiative - Stone Junction, We Save Minds
- Outstanding Young Communicator - Sophia Danielsson-Waters, The Go-Ahead Group
- Independent PR Practitioner- James McCann-Ellerington, Zinc Communications Group
- New PR Consultancy of the Year - Lynn PR
- PR Consultancy of the Year - Ketchum London
Register your interest for the 2022 CIPR Excellence Awards here.
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the world's only Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas with nearly 10,000 members.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).