CIPR members save 15% at This Can Happen mental health conference
This Can Happen co-founder, Jonny Benjamin MBE, was contemplating taking his own life 10 years ago when a stranger talked him down from the edge of Waterloo Bridge in London. That stranger was Neil Laybourn and together they have played a leading role in the world of wellbeing for the last four years.
Joining forces with Zoe Sinclair of Employees Matter, an employee engagement specialist, this team has created a pioneering event to tackle mental health issues in the workplace called This Can Happen (TCH). : a conference aiming to bring workable strategies and solutions to businesses for tackling mental health throughout their organisation – from the post-room to the boardroom.
Jonny and Neil visit companies across the world to talk about mental health issues, how to spot the signs and how to help. In aid of a mental health charity Heads Together, the pair ran the London Marathon raising almost £50,000. The story of their journey has also been made into an award-winning TV documentary, The Stranger on the Bridge, which aired on Channel 4 in 2015.
This Can Happen’s agenda is brimming with unique and fascinating content, and sessions will be hosted by international thought leaders. As a solutions-led conference, every speaker will give delegates actionable ideas to take back to work and implement strategically.
Speakers, facilitators and panellists include:
- Tina Daheley, Journalist and Presenter at the BBC
- Dr. Ellie Canon, Author and Broadcaster
- Vinay Kapoor, Americas Head of Diversity & Inclusion at BNP Paribas
- Dawn Moore, HR Director at Morgan Sindall Construction and Infrastructure
- Glenn Dunn, Partner at Forsters
- Shalah Akhtar, Head of PwC Muslim Network at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Karl Simons, Head of Health, Safety, Security, and Wellbeing at Thames Water
- Monika Misra, Medical Director Employee Health and Wellbeing at GlaxoSmithKline
- Alison Garbutt, Head of Strategic Projects at WHSmith
There is a real fear and lack of education around mental health. We don’t grow up talking about it, we simply don’t have the language to. Even if the will is there people ask ‘where do we start?’ This Can Happen will make great strides in raising awareness and encouraging understanding, support and empathy
CIPR members can save 15% on the ticket price by quoting: TCH15CIPR.