CIPR partner with BME PR Pros partners, Google UK and PRovoke Media to launch The Xec. Allstars
- The Xec. Allstars alum group will provide career support for pros who have completed The Xec. leadership course
- The Xec., for UK-based Black, Asian, Mixed Race and Ethnic Minority PR and comms pros, is open for entries for its third year
- The 10-month practical course delivered by industry leaders from Google UK, The Guardian, Blurred, Twitter, Diffusion PR, Fanclub PR, Manifest, Harvard, Hope&Glory and more
BME PR Pros has partnered with Google UK, PRovoke Media and the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) to launch The Xec. Allstars, an alum group to support future leaders from Black, Asian, Mixed Race and Ethnic Minority (BME) backgrounds who have completed The Xec. leadership course.
The Xec. Allstars will provide peer-to-peer support for those on the course, professional development opportunities for the alum, host exclusive events, and will aim to promote BME leadership in PR and communications.
The Xec. Class of '22, the first cohort to complete the course, will serve as advisors. They are:
- Maria Adediran, Senior Account Director, Wimbart
- Sebrina Kepple, Senior External Communications Manager, Trellix
- Kenon Man, Deputy Director of Marketing, University of Nottingham
- Anaïs Merlin, Associate Director, Head of Mobile & Telecoms, CCgroup
- Maxine Myers, Communications Manager, Imperial College London
- Ben Roberts, Director, Harvard
- Whitney Simon, Account Director, Missive
- Scarlett Zhao, PR Manager, International Comms - EMEA, Alibaba Group
The Xec. leadership scheme, developed by BME PR Pros, supported by Google UK, and delivered in partnership with PRovoke Media and the CIPR, is open for entries for its third year. The leadership scheme, the first for UK-based Black, Asian, Mixed Race and Ethnic Minority (BME) PR and comms pros, aims to create the next generation of BME leaders and to increase boardroom diversity client and agency-side.
The practical 10-month long course encompasses training days (including a special Google Day and PRovoke Media training day), masterclasses and ‘My Career’ talks delivered by a diverse range of industry leaders including award-winning creatives, comms directors and agency owners from organisations including Google UK, The Guardian, Blurred, Twitter, Diffusion PR, Fanclub PR, Harvard, Hope&Glory PR and Manifest. The Xec., running from September 2023 to June 2024, is worth 40 CIPR CPD points.
Furthermore, The Xec. Class of 2024 will:
- Be allocated a BME PR Pros mentor for six months
- Speak at a PRovoke Media industry event
- Be invited to judge a CIPR award
- Receive complimentary CIPR membership
- Create and host a podcast series
The CIPR is very pleased to extend our unwavering support for The Xec. for another year. Having worked with the previous two cohorts we know what a fantastic opportunity this provides both for them and also in helping to shape the landscape of our industry. I'm sure those applying to participate in this year's programme will benefit from the immediate experience as well as the long-term support the new Xec. Allstars and membership of the CIPR will provide.
We believe The Xec. and its alum will grow to become a powerful force for good in the PR and comms industry by not only supporting future leaders from Black, Asian, Mixed Race, and Ethnic Minority backgrounds but by promoting greater diversity and inclusion too. The Xec. Allstars will provide our group of leaders with a network, peer-to-peer support, and continuous personal and professional development opportunities. I cannot thank Google UK, PRovoke Media, and the CIPR enough for their generous support of The Xec. and The Xec. Allstars and, along with our industry-leading tutors, presenters, and mentors, for rooting for our talented BME PR and comms pros to get the careers they deserve. With entries now open for a third year, we look forward to welcoming our next group of future leaders in September 2023.
- The Xec. leadership scheme runs from September 2023 to June 2024. Deadline for applications is 23:59 on Wednesday 14 June 2024.
- For terms and to request an application pack visit: bmeprpros.co.uk/the-xec
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the world's only Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners with nearly 10,000 members.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).