CIPR partners with The Blueprint to offer members discount on diversity workshops
The Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) has partnered with The Blueprint - a new initiative for comms agencies to help them attract, retain and nurture diverse talent - to offer an exclusive discount on their diversity training and workshops.
The 'On Point Training' programme includes the following workshops which CIPR members can claim a 15% discount on (details below):
- Are we over the rainbow? - a review of pride comms. Thursday July 2, 15.00-16.15. Dev Mistry, Internal Communications Executive, Virgin Media
- From ableism to activism - how to nourish disabled PR talent in your agency. Thursday 16 Jule, 15.00-16.15. Sara Hawthorn, Managing Director, InFusion Comms
- How to do blind recruitment right - Thursday September 10, 15.00-16.15. Paul Cockerton, Chief Product Officer, and Peter Bowles, Chief Creative Officer, Clarity
- Muslims: the audience brands can't afford to ignore – Thursday September 24, 15.00-16.15. Arif Miah, Creative Strategy Director, & Ala Uddin, Executive Creative Director, mud orange
- How to set up a Black network at work –Thursday October 8, 15.00-16.15. Tobi Ruth Adebekun, International Communications Manager / and SnapNoir Europe Lead, Snap Inc.
- Black History Month UK comms: the good, the bad and the ugly. A review - Thursday October 29, 15.00-16.15. Esther Akinola, Social Media Consultant; Kristian Hoareau Foged, Insights & Analytics Consultant Independent Consultant and Julian Obubo, Brand Strategy Director, Manifest
- How to nurture young talent - Thursday November 12, 15.00-16.15. Claire Quansah, Operations Director, Red Havas UK
CIPR members will be able to use an exclusive code for a 15% discount which they can find in the weekly member email sent on Wednesdays. If you are unable to find the code please email CIPR's PR and Policy Manager, Jon Gerlis, with your membership number.
I'm so pleased to be able to offer CIPR members a discount on these workshops. For a little over £20 per session you will hear from some of the most talented practitioners discussing a range of issues and topics that you won't have seen - and probably never will see - offered anywhere else in the industry. These won't solve the diversity or inclusion challenges you may have but they are a great first step in understanding them better.
About The Blueprint
The Blueprint is a new initiative designed to help talented Black, Asian, Mixed Race and Ethnic Minority professionals get the careers they deserve, and to help organisations genuinely committed to diversity to benefit from their talent. It does this through awarding Blueprint or Ally status in which organisations sign up to a series of commitments aimed at removing inequality and barriers to progression. Find out more here.
To find out more about their 'On the Point' training workshops, click here.
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the world's only Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners with nearly 10,000 members.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).