CIPR welcomes seven new Chartered Practitioners in final assessment of 2020
The Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) has welcomed a further seven Chartered PR Practitioners (Chart.PR) following the final Chartership Assessment day of 2020 held online on Wednesday 2 December. The new Chartered Practitioners are:
- Holly Fairclough Chart.PR, MCIPR
- Nicola Jenkins Chart.PR, MCIPR
- Harry Mitchell Chart.PR, MCIPR
- Nicola McLaughlin Chart.PR, MCIPR
- Leah Morantz Chart.PR, MCIPR
- Kenneth Smith Chart.PR, MCIPR
- Vicki Spencer-Francis Chart.PR, MCIPR
Candidates were assessed on their knowledge of ethics, strategy and leadership. The assessment was led by Emily Cheyne Chart.PR, MCIPR.
This year 81 members have become chartered practitioners across 14 assessment days, 13 of which were held online. There are now 399 Chartered PR Practitioners.
I have been hugely encouraged to see so many candidates committing to their professionalism this year, especially considering the challenging times we find ourselves in. I am adamant that our mission to increase the demonstrable professionalism within public relations will only benefit us all and will serve to advocate for our work and build our own resilience.
Congratulations to Holly, Nicola J, Harry, Nicola M, Leah, Kenneth, and Vicki on your achievement. As President for 2020 I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all those who got Chartered this year and to thank you for trusting us to deliver this in a new way. I'm delighted this meant we were able to offer the opportunity of chartership to more members, including those based outside of the UK. Each of our new chartered practitioners has demonstrated their ability to operate strategically and have committed to maintaining the highest standards of professional practice. Finally, I strongly encourage all members to consider getting the highest grade of accreditation possible in public relations. Make 2021 the year you get chartered.
For more information about becoming chartered and to view our Chartered Handbook visit our website.
Upcoming 2021 assessment day - all online
- Thursday 21 January 2021 - deadline to register is Thursday 7 January
- Wednesday 27 January 2021 - deadline to register is Wednesday 13 January
- Tuesday 9 February 2021 - deadline to register is Tuesday 26 January
- Monday 22 February 2021 - deadline to register is Monday 8 February
- Friday 12 March 2021 - deadline to register is Friday 26 February
- Tuesday 23 March 2021 - deadline to register is Tuesday 9 March
- Wednesday 14 April 2021 - deadline to register is Wednesday 31 March
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the world's only Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners with nearly 10,000 members.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).