Finalists announced for Creative Shootout 2020 live final
Eight agencies have made it through to the Live Final of the 2020, CIPR supported, Creative Shootout. Finalists will have the opportunity to work on a real brief for the homeless charity, Crisis. Now in its fifth year, the awards ceremony will be held at Picturehouse Central on Thursday January 23, 2020.
The eight finalist agencies, from all disciplines, were chosen by a high-profile judging panel, following a 60 second content entry stage.
The eight finalist agencies are (in alphabetical order):
- Alpaca Communications - PR agency
- Epoch Design - Design consultancy
- Fever PR - Social and influencer agency
- FleishmanHillard Fishburn - Communications agency
- Grayling Integrated - Communications agency
- Haygarth - Brand engagement agency
- TracyLocke - Advertising agency
- Wavemaker - Media agency
Teams are given a real brief from Crisis and will have just four hours creative preparation time and then have only 10 minutes each to convince a live audience of around 350 and the Judges. The winner is crowned live on stage in the evening and the winning agency will get to work with Crisis to see their idea come to life, aided by a £10,000 prize fund
With entries ranging from ads to vinyl records, to films and bespoke board games, the entry creativity was jaw-dropping this year. The Shootout exists to showcase the extraordinary talent and thinking in our industry, whilst giving back - and year five looks set to be a blockbuster of a live final.
The 2020 judging panel includes (alphabetical order):
- Victoria Buchanan, Executive Creative, Director Tribal Worldwide
- Kate Davies, Head of Brand, Guardian News and Media
- Matt Downie, MBE Director of Policy & External Affairs, Crisis
- Nils Leonard, Founder Uncommon, Creative Studio
- Elspeth Lynn, Executive Creative Director, Geometry
- Johnny Pitt, Founder, The Creative Shootout
- Laurent Simon, Chief Creative Officer, VMLY&R
- Gary Wheeldon, Co-Founder, Talker Tailor Trouble Maker
- Ann Wixley, Executive Creative, Director Wavemaker
For further information and for tickets please visit www.creativeshootout.com.
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)
Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is the largest membership organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).