Honouring the best of Welsh public relations
Yesterday, (16 October 2015), over 240 of Wales’ most talented public relations professionals gathered at the 2015 CIPR Cymru Wales PRide Awards to celebrate the best of Welsh PR at City Hall, Cardiff.
Equinox and Cadw, along with jamjar PR, led the way, winning three Gold Awards each, with the latter picking up the prestigious award for Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy.
Equinox were tasked with devising a spring campaign to drive footfall to multiple Cadw centres of tourism, through presenting Wales’ historic sites in a new light, and were rewarded for their success by winning two Gold awards for ‘Integrated Campaign’ and ‘Best Use of Media Relations’.
“Pack Your Imagination” was considered by judges to be a “great example of what the right creative ideas married to a strong brief and well-planned evaluation can deliver.” They also credited it for being a “very strong creative campaign that delivered international media coverage and went above and beyond the expected results.”
Each year we’re seeing competition for PRide awards in Wales becoming more intense, as rising numbers of talented communicators from many different parts of the public and private sectors put their work forward for recognition. That’s got to be healthy for the public relations industry here and will contribute to rising standards. Congratulations are due to all award winners and finalists. By showcasing their projects at PRide they are helping create a brighter future for PR.
Full Gold Award winners from the 2015 CIPR Cymru Wales PRide Awards:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign: Leading the legal debate, building a business, Working Word
- Consumer Relations Campaign: Bar 44 - a taste of modern Spain, jamjar PR
- Public Sector Campaign: Opening the doors to heritage, Equinox and Cadw
- Community Relations Campaign: Cardiff Community Cohesion Cup 2015, Cowshed
- Public Affairs Campaign: Strengthening the Violence Against Women Bill, Deryn
- Not-for-Profit Campaign: Love Dwr at the Summer Shows, Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
- Healthcare Campaign: At the heart of the health and wealth agenda: Launching Life Sciences Hub Wales, Brighter Comms
- Integrated Campaign: Pack Your Imagination!, Equinox and Cadw
- Low Budget Campaign: The Student Sex Work Project Campaign, Swansea University
- Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign: Wales' newest dinosaur, Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales
- Best Use of Media Relations: Pack your Imagination!, Equinox and Cadw
- Best Use of Digital: Welsh Government (Domestic Abuse): #whereistheline, Golley Slater
- Best Use of Social Media: Artes Mundi 6, jamjar PR
- Best Publication: Swansea University Undergraduate Prospectuses – English and Welsh, Swansea University
- Best Event: Love Dwr at the Summer Shows, Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
- Outstanding Young Communicator: Amelia Taylor MCIPR, FBA
- Public Sector Team of the Year: Wales Audit Office
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team: Wrexham County Borough Council
- Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy: jamjar PR
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy: Effective Communication
View full set of results, including Silver winners and case studies.
Notes to editors
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is the largest membership organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).