North West PRide Awards spotlight outstanding Public Relations
More than 320 public relations practitioners gathered at The Midland, Manchester last night for the North West’s annual celebration of exceptional PR practice.
Manchester-based JAMpr were the big winners, securing three Gold Awards on a night which showcased the very best of the region’s public relations. The consultancy’s haul included a Gold Award for their innovative #MakeTheTeam employee engagement campaign in the Corporate and Business Communications Campaign category.
The imaginative campaign sought to position Argos for Business as a thought-leader in the employee rewards and motivation sector. JAMpr earned high praise from the judges for employing “quirky” and “creative” tactics to bring to light the importance of an engaged and motivated workforce.
Electricity North West took home two PRide Awards, including the coveted Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team title. Judges praised the team for their reaction to Storm Desmond, which saw them engage directly with a diverse range of stakeholders during a challenging period.
Manc Franc’s #MorningCheats campaign, which profiled Weetabix’s breakfast drink won Best Use of Digital, whilst Viva and PR Agency One were named Oustanding Small PR Consultancy and Outstanding PR Consultancy, respectively.
Once again, public relations professionals working across the north west have demonstrated incredible skill, creativity and professionalism. The Committee were humbled by the achievements of the Hillsborough Family Support Group and felt their incredible campaign to get answers deserved recognition – the Special Award is in tribute to the legacy their work has and will deliver.
On behalf of the CIPR North West Committee, I’d like to say a massive well done to our finalists, and of course, our winners, all of whom have shown the value and versatility of PR.
Full Gold Award winners from the 2016 CIPR North West Awards:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign – JAMpr, #MakeTheTeam
- Internal Communications Campaign - Community Integrated Care, Launch of Click in the Cloud
- Consumer Relations Campaign - Weber Shandwick Manchester, The Mamia Parent Chat
- Public Sector Campaign - GMHSC Partnership, Taking Charge Together in Greater Manchester
- Community Relations Campaign – Democracy, Birds, Bats and Bugs
- Not-for-Profit Campaign - Peppermint Soda, Let's Adopt - Once Upon a Family
- Healthcare Campaign - PR Agency One, PushDoctor.co.uk - Last Night a PC Saved My Life
- Integrated Campaign - Cameron Wells Communications / Willis PMI Group, Superfoods lead nurturing
- Low Budget Campaign – JAMpr, Talking to Tradies
- STEM Campaign - Trelleborg Marine Systems, Lobbying for change in fender guidelines
- Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign - Fido PR, Getting to the eye of the Shakespeare400 storm
- Education Communications Campaign - MC2 Manchester, Tootoot
- Best Use of Media Relations - Smoking Gun PR, Silentnight - The Sleep Expert
- Best Use of Digital - Manc Frank, #MorningCheats
- Best Use of Social Media – JAMpr, Talking to Tradies
- Best Use of Photography or Design - Co-op, Breaking the taboo
- Best Publication - Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, CWP Life
- Best Event - Manchester Airport (MAN), Manchester Airport Welcomes The Chinese President
- Issues or Crisis Management - Electricity North West, Battling the storm
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team - Electricity North West
- Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy - Viva
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy - PR Agency One
- Special Recognition Award – The Hillsborough Family Support Group
Notes to editors
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is the largest membership organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).