Outstanding public relations professionals collect awards at 2012 CIPR West of England PRide Awards
The Grand, Bristol, played host to this year’s CIPR West of England PRide awards, honouring the region’s leading public relations and communications talent for their work in the industry over the past 12 months.
Almost 150 individuals attended the evening’s awards ceremony which was jointly compered by CIPR West of England Chair Sarah Pinch and Chairman of Mentor Communications Consultancy, Magnus Carter. The event was sponsored nationally by PRWeek, Precise and Specialist Speakers and locally sponsored by ST16. Guests enjoyed a black-tie dinner before a night of entertainment, which culminated in the announcement of this year’s ultimate regional PR accolades.
Gold awards were gifted to nine different winners across 18 different categories. PamLloyd PR went home with four gold awards and one silver, including a gold award for team member Ellie Lean who was named ‘Outstanding Young Communicator’ before the agency was announced as the ‘Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy’ of the year.
Geometry PR was honoured with three gold awards including gold for the ‘Best Use of Media Relations’, and The Honest Truth Partnership was awarded four golds including the top prize for ‘The Best Campaign £10,000 and under.’
Grayling/St David’s went home with the top prize for ‘Best Event’ for Ladies Night at St David's, Inside Media were named ‘Small Consultancy of the Year’, and practitioner Sylvie Pender was honoured for her ‘Outstanding Contribution to CIPR West of England’.
Sarah Pinch MCIPR, Chair of the CIPR West of England group lauded the evening as “an opportunity to recognise the hard work, dedication, success and commitment of public relations professionals up and down the region”.
The full list of the 2012 West of England PRide Awards winners is as follows:
- Corporate and Business Communications - Geometry PR – Up Close and Personal
- Not-for-Profit - The Honest Truth Partnership – The Honest Truth
- Best Campaign £10,000 and Under - The Honest Truth Partnership – The Honest Truth
- Best Sporting Campaign - Media Safari/Ottobock – Passion for Paralympics
- Healthcare - Media Safari/Siemens Hearing Instruments - Live out loud - Challenging the stigma of hearing loss
- Consumer Relations - 10 Yetis PR Agency - Zombies, zombies, read all about them!
- Best Use of Media Relations - Geometry PR – Axe the Pasty Tax
- Integrated Communications - The Vine – Ignite 2012
- Best Use of Social Media - PamLloyd PR – Pink Lady Apples – Join the Club
- External Publication - The Honest Truth Partnership - The Honest Truth Resource Booklet
- Best Event - Grayling/St David’s - Ladies night at St David's
- Outstanding Young Communicator - Ellie Lean MCIPR
- Outstanding Small Consultancy - Inside Media
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy - PamLloyd
- Crisis Communications - Geometry PR – Axe the Pasty Tax
- Best Use of Photography or Design - PamLloyd PR - British Asparagus - Best of British
- Regional Campaign of the Year - Grayling/English Heritage – Days out worth talking about
- Outstanding Contribution to CIPR West of England - Sylvie Pender
Notes to editors
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is the largest membership organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).