PRide Awards showcase PR across East Anglia and Thames & Chiltern
More than 140 public relations professionals gathered at Homerton College, Cambridge on Thursday evening for the region’s annual awards showpiece.
Buckinghamshire-based Cirkle were the big winners on the night, claiming the revered title of Outstanding PR Consultancy, as well as the Best Use of Social Media award for driving online engagement around the world’s first recycled battery.
Other notable successes included a collaborative effort between Essex Police and the Essex, Southend and Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board, whose Public Sector Campaign was honoured for highlighting the prominence of child sexual exploitation in the county. Judges heralded the “well-planned and sensitively delivered” campaign for drawing attention to an important issue.
The value of public relations in society was further evidenced by Essex County Council, whose award-winning Not-for-Profit Campaign used light-hearted messaging to raise awareness of obesity across the region.
Prestigious Gold Awards for Outstanding Small PR Consultancy and Outstanding Mid-Sized PR Consultancy were awarded to Native Consultancy and Genesis PR respectively.
Amanda Bunn MCIPR and Adam Tuckwell MCIPR, Co-Chairs of CIPR East Anglia commented:
“The PRide Awards is an excellent opportunity to remind ourselves of the vast amount of talent and creativity PR professionals across East Anglia, Thames and Chiltern possess. For everyone nominated, shortlisted and crowned overall category winners, we would like to offer sincere congratulations to you all. You are the very reason our industry continues to excite and excel.”
Full Gold Award winners from the 2016 CIPR Anglia, Thames and Chiltern Pride Awards:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign - Genesis PR, Limited campaign strengthens market leadership
- Internal Communications Campaign - Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Communicating Change
- Consumer Relations Campaign - Big Wave PR and Remembrance Travel, D Day Veterans - We Need You!
- Public Sector Campaign - Essex Police and the Essex, Southend and Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board, ‘I Didn't Know' - Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness
- Corporate Social Responsibility Campaign - Mobas and Countryside, Building Community Relations
- Not-for-Profit Campaign - Essex County Council, Essex Weighs In
- Integrated Campaign - University of Bedfordshire, Clearing Campaign 2015
- Low Budget Campaign – Luminescence, Taylor Vinters' TechConnection 2015
- Regional Campaign of the Year - Athene Communications, Teach Peterborough - recruiting the best teachers for Peterborough
- Best Use of Media Relations - Firebird Public Relations, Twycross Zoo: from pet chimps to world-class primate centre
- Best Use of Social Media - Cirkle, reimagiNATION Challenge
- Best Publication - Dacorum Borough Council, Dacorum Digest
- Best Event - Jagex Games Studio, RuneScape - 15th Anniversary Event
- Outstanding Young Communicator - Jessica Friend MCIPR, Twelve PR
- Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy - Native Consultancy
- Outstanding Mid-Sized Public Relations Consultancy - Genesis PR
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy - Cirkle
About the CIPR PRide Awards
The CIPR PRide Awards is the UK’s most prestigious nation-wide awards scheme, recognising excellence in public relations and communications across Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and six English regions. Past winners continue to reap the benefits of their successes long after achieving them. Now in its 13th year, the PRide Awards attracted more than 1,000 entries from public relations teams, consultancies and individuals across the UK.
About the Region
This event is an amalgamation of the CIPR East Anglia and Thames & Chiltern regions, covering the counties of Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Oxfordshire and Suffolk.
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is by far the biggest member organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).