The very best in public relations pick up prizes at the 2012 CIPR Yorkshire & Lincolnshire PRide Awards
Public relations professionals gathered at The Queens Hotel Leeds last Thursday evening to recognise outstanding public relations organisations and practitioners from across Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
Twenty one gold awards were shared amongst thirteen different winners; amongst them were prizes for ‘Best use of Measurement of Evaluation’, ‘Best Digital Campaign’ and ‘Integrated Communications’.
Umpf were the big winners on the night taking home five gold awards and one silver including the top prize for the ‘Best campaign £10,000 and under’, ‘Best Event’ as well as being named the region’s ‘Outstanding Small Consultancy’. Leeds based agency Manifest also picked up four awards, including two of the evening’s biggest awards when Account Director Amy Gregory was named as ‘Outstanding Young Communicator’ and the team collected the gold award for ‘Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy’.
Around 250 attended the event sponsored regionally by Huntress Group, ST16, Yorkshire Post, Yorkshire Business Insider, Met Marketing, TheBusinessDesk.com, and Tom Handbury Photography. Guests enjoyed a black tie dinner before the evening’s proceedings were compered by ITV Yorkshire presenter Gaynor Barnes at the famous landmark hotel in Leeds.
These awards showcase the expertise, creativity and professionalism of the region’s PR and communications industry. It isn’t just about success in our region; many of the finalists have achieved great results on a national level, proving that our PR and communications talent is a force to be reckoned with.
The full list of the 2012 Yorkshire and Lincolnshire PRide Awards winners is as follows:
• Corporate and Business Communications – Manifest - Hellmann Worldwide Logistics UK
• Not-for-Profit – Acceleris - Celebrations of the Sea
• Internal Communications - Wm Morrison Supermarkets – Own Brand Refresh
• Community Relations – Approach PR - Saving Ilkley Carnival!
• Public Sector – Finn PR - Merseyside Winter Health Campaign
• Best Campaign £10,000 and under – Umpf - Stoves: Made in Britain
• Best Sporting Campaign – Umpf - Body Breaking Point - The Engage Rugby Fit ChallengeUmpf
• Healthcare - Leeds Teaching Hospitals, Children's Heart Surgery Fund, Acceleris, The Public Affairs Company – Children’s Heart Surgery Campaign
• Consumer Relations – Umpf – Stoves: Made in Britain
• Best Use of Media Relations – Yorkshire Water - Fat Busting Bugs
• Integrated Communications – Switchover Help Scheme - Helping Hand Integrated Campaign
• Best Use of Social Media – Finn PR - lovetub: feel the love, share the love
• External Publication – The Right Agency - The Belling History Book
• Internal Publication - UKAR and Scarlettabbott – U Magazine
• Best Digital Campaign – Finn PR - lovetub: feel the love, share the love
• Best Event – Umpf - We're Jammin: The WI and Stoves Real Jam Festival
• Outstanding Young Communicator - Amy Gregory - Manifest
• Outstanding Small Consultancy – Umpf
• Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team – Irwin Mitchell
• Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy - Manifest
• Best Use of Measurement & Evaluation – Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC
View the full list of results, with gold winner case studies, on the CIPR website.
Notes to editors
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is the largest membership organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).