The best Welsh PR talent acknowledged at 2014 CIPR Cymru Wales PRide Awards
The best public relations campaigns, practitioners and organisations in Wales were announced on 24 October at the 2014 CIPR Cymru Wales PRide Awards.
Over 200 leading public relations professionals attended the black tie event, which took place at Cardiff’s Mercure Holland House and Spa. BBC Radio Wales and Classic FM’s Wynne Evans hosted the celebrations and led the entertainment for the consultancies, freelancers and in-house teams in attendance.
Equinox Communications, and Effective Communication led the way winning four and three Gold Awards respectively, with Effective Communication picking up the prestigious award for Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy.
Equinox Communications’ campaign with The Charity Retail Association ‘The Fight for Welsh Charity Shops’ was a multiple award winner, with judges in the Best Use of Research, Planning, Measurement and Evaluation category commending the “effective use of data throughout the campaign enabled adaptation when required in order to achieve the required result.”.
Other multiple Gold Award winners on the night included Cake: Brighter Comms, and Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority, recognised as Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team.
All the hard work and perseverance has paid off for our deserving winners at this year’s CIPR Pride Cymru Awards evening. It is always a delight to see the smiling faces of the Gold and Silver winners as they step up to collect their Awards and know how much it means to them to be voted at the top of the PR game. They should all be as proud of their achievements as CIPR Cymru Wales is to cheer them on as upholders of creative and professional PR standards of excellence.
Full Gold Award winners from the 2014 CIPR Cymru Wales PRide Awards:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign: Connect Assist: Connecting those most in need, Cake: Brighter Comms
- Not-for-Profit Campaign: Adopting Attitudes, Cake: Brighter Comms
- Internal Communications Campaign: We are Welsh Water, Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
- Community Relations Campaign: Llandof takes on Llanfairpwll, Gocompare.com
- Public Sector Campaign: The School Sport Survey, Sport Wales
- Low Budget Campaign: RHS Flower Show Cardiff 2014, Effective Communication
- Best Sporting Campaign: IPC Games - it's coming, be part of it, Swansea University
- Healthcare Campaign: Bringing cancer care to the heart of your community, Tenovus
- Consumer Relations Campaign: Luv Wales, Luv Peter's, Effective Communication
- Best Use of Media Relations: Cadw's Time Traveller Campaign, Equinox Communications and Cadw, Welsh Government
- Integrated Campaign: Principality's Community Vote, Principality Building Society
- Best Use of Social Media: STAEDTLER Teacher's Club UK: using Facebook to create an online community, Equinox Communications
- Best External Publication: Coast to Coast, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority
- Best Internal Publication: Creating your Annual Quality Statement,1000 Lives Improvement
- Best Event: Launch event for ‘The Wales We Want’ National Conversation, Four Cymru
- Public Affairs Campaign: The Fight for Welsh Charity Shops, Equinox Communications & The Charity Retail Association
- Issues or Crisis Management: Hepatitis C Look Back Exercise, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
- Outstanding Young Communicator: Caitlin Allen MCIPR, Golley Slater
- Outstanding Small Consultancy: jamjar PR
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team: Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy: Effective Communication
- Best Use of Research, Planning, Measurement and Evaluation: The Fight for Welsh Charity Shops, Equinox Communications & The Charity Retail Association
View full set of results (including details of silver winners, finalists and case studies).
Notes to editors
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is the largest membership organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).