Top Welsh public relations talent honoured at 2012 CIPR PRide Awards
PR agencies and practitioners were honoured last night at the CIPR Cymru Wales PRide Awards at Cardiff’s Hilton hotel, for their contributions to the public relations profession over the last year.
Among winners and finalists at the black-tie gala event were Effective Communications who went home with four gold awards and one silver for campaigns including Luv Wales, Luv Peter's and their work with the British Speedway Grand Prix. Golley Slater PR Wales also celebrated, picking up three gold awards including the ‘Regional Campaign of the Year Award’ for their Big Jubilee Lunch.
It was a triumphant night for local authorities across Wales as three gold awards including the prize for ‘Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team’ were awarded to Carmarthenshire County Council, whilst Newport City Council picked up silver in the same category and Caerphilly County Borough Council was recognised as a finalist in a different category for its external publication 'Newsline'.
Almost 200 of Wales’ leading public relations practitioners attended the annual awards ceremony which recognised 16 different gold award winners and was hosted by This Morning presenter Matt Johnson.
Val Bodden MCIPR, Chair of the CIPR Cymru Wales Group, applauded all attendees saying that it was “a mixture of determination, skill and hard work that had resulted in so many people being present to celebrate their achievements.” She went on to say that “success in the tough field of consummate professionals that Wales can boast in the PR and Communications world is a true accolade in itself and one to be celebrated and applauded.”
The full list of the 2012 Cymru Wales PRide Awards winners is as follows:
- Corporate and Business Communications - Golley Slater PR Wales -Deloitte in Wales - Growing the Brand
- Not-for-Profit - MacMillan Cancer Support in Wales - Counting the Cost of Cancer Campaign
- Internal Communications - Office for National Statistics - From crisis to solution - the ONS 2012 programme
- Community Relations - Big Lottery Fund - Grab a Grant
- Public Sector - Working WORD - People's Collection Wales - a nation telling its own story
- Best Campaign £10,000 and Under - Golley Slater PR Wales - World's Most Expensive Welsh Cake
- Best Sporting Campaign - Carmarthenshire County Council - Good Luck Dai Greene
- Healthcare - Hybu Cig Cymru - Meat Promotion Wales - Healthy Eating - Healthy Living
- Consumer Relations - Effective Communications - Luv Wales, Luv Peter's
- Best Use of Media Relations - Effective Communication - British Speedway Grand Prix
- Integrated Communications - Effective Communications and Studio Tri - Luv Wales, Luv Peter's
- Best Use of Social Media - Working Word and City & County of Swansea - Shareable Sun, Sand and Soccer
- External Publication - FBA - The Welsh Food & Drink Skills Project
- Internal Publication - Bron Afon Community Housing - Bron Afon's Staff News
- Best Digital Campaign - Carmarthenshire County Council - www.recycleforcarmarthenshire.com
- Best Event - Sport Wales - Sport Wales Annual Conference
- Outstanding Young Communicator - Adam Wheeler - Hybu Cig Cymru - Meat Promotion Wales
- Outstanding Small Consultancy - Cake Communications - Cake Communications: It's all in the mix
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team - Carmarthenshire County Council - Sirgar PR
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy - Equinox Communications - Team Equinox - a social agency
- Public Affairs - Macmillan Cancer Support in Wales - Counting the Cost of Cancer Campaign
- Best Use of Photography or Design - Tenovus - Tenovus - Worn by you, loved by us
- Regional Campaign of the Year - Golley Slater PR - The Big Jubilee Lunch
- Best Use of Measurement and Evaluation - Effective Communication - Luv Wales, Luv Peter's
View the full list of results, with gold winner case studies, on the CIPR website.
Notes to editors
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is the largest membership organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).