Watch: President Jenni Field's August video update
In her August monthly update to members, CIPR President Jenni Field reflects on recent research from CIPR's Health Group on the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic on practitioners. The research "highlighted the fact that organisations are placing more value on what we do as a profession" but it also found we are "working longer hours, we're not taking holiday and that it's having a negative impact on our mental health."
The findings suggest "a lack of knowledge of the support that we have around us" leading to Jenni remind members why "now, more than ever, using the community and using the network is so important."
CIPR members have exclusive access to the following, free support as part of their membership:
- The iprovision Mental Health Hotline - providing members instant access to accredited counsellors as well as support for those with personal, legal and financial difficulties.
- Health Assured smartphone app and e-Hub - personalised wellbeing content and its resources including videos, webinars, mini health checks and health coaching.
- CIPR Progress mentoring scheme - a safe space and sounding board for mentees to discuss challenges, explore opportunities and plan future career actions with mentors.
- 8 in 10 PR professionals report to feeling the mental health impact of Covid-19. More here.
- We responded to false claims that the Institute is "virtually bust". More here.
- We welcomed 13 new Chartered Practitioners - including four international members - over two assessment days. More here and here.
- We published our latest #AIinPR work - 'Ethics Guide to Artificial Intelligence in PR'. More here.
Keep an eye out for:
- Our 2020 election for President-Elect (2021) and new Council for (2021-23) process opens on September 1 when the nomination forms are published and candidates can begin seeking the nominations they require to stand. More here.
- Our 2020 AGM will be held at 5pm on September 11. Members can register to attend virtually here.
- The launch of our new CIPR Employability Support Hub.
- The launch of our forthcoming annual National Conference.
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the world's only Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners with nearly 10,000 members.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).