Winners revealed at 2012 Wessex & Channel Islands CIPR PRide Awards
Outstanding achievers from within the region’s public relations professionals were honoured last night at the prestigious 2012 Wessex & Channel Islands CIPR PRide Awards.
Among winners and finalists at a gala event held at The Ageas Bowl in Southampton, Remarkable Group picked up six gold awards in categories including ‘Best Use of Social Media’ and the award for ‘Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy’.
McKenna Townsend PR collected three gold and four silver awards, and Southampton Solent University won a gold award for their community relations campaign which was also named as the campaign with the ‘Best use of Measurement & Evaluation’.
Over 120 of the region’s leading public relations practitioners attended the annual awards ceremony, sponsored regionally by Capital FM, Dan Wilson Photography, Mallorca Farmhouses and Southampton Solent University and hosted by Capital FM South Coast presenter Zoe Hanson.
PRide Award winners survive a rigorous judging process by a national panel of industry experts. This year’s Wessex & Channel Islands awards saw prizes awarded in 20 different categories, with 11 different organisations and individuals walking away with the top prizes.
Chair of the CIPR Wessex Group, Kevin Briscoe MCIPR, commented:
The PRide Awards continue to grow year-on-year as consultancies and organisations recognise the benefits of winning or being shortlisted for these independent regional awards. Yet again, the award submissions have demonstrated the high standard of professionalism, creativity and dedication shown by PR professionals in the region
The full list of the 2012 Wessex & Channel Islands PRide Awards winners is as follows:
- Corporate and Business Communications: Office Depot and Smarts England - How Clean is Your Desk?
- Not-for-Profit: McKenna Townsend PR - National Marine Aquarium - Scylla Reef
- Internal Communications: Bournemouth University - National Student Survey Promotion - NeSSa the Camel
- Community Relations: Southampton Solent University - Love your Bin Campaign
- Public Sector: McKenna Townsend PR - Digital UK - three months to go!
- Best campaign £10,000 and under: Remarkable Group - Sight Care's Eye Love My Local Independent Optician Campaign - Back to school initiative
- Healthcare: South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Consumer Relations: Citruspr - Encounters Travel Launch
- Best Use of Media Relations: Remarkable Group - Haulfryn Group: Making the Caravan Cool
- Integrated Communications: McKenna Townsend PR - Driving Subway franchise sales leads
- Best Use of Social Media: Remarkable Group - Homecoming/Equal Marriage
- External Publication: New Forest National Park Authority - Park Life
- Best Event: Liz Lean PR - Beales Girls Night Out Fashion Show
- Outstanding Young Communicator: Hayley Smith MCIPR - Citruspr
- Outstanding Small Consultancy: Briscoe French Communications
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy: Remarkable Group
- Public Affairs: Remarkable Group
- Crisis Communications: Remarkable Group - Cash Converters: Maintaining Calm During the Storm
- Best Freelance Practitioner: Miranda Rock, Rocket Launch - Safe Hands in Turbulent Times
- Best use of Measurement and Evaluation: Southampton Solent University - Love Your Bin Campaign
View the full list of results, with gold winner case studies, on the CIPR website.
Notes to editors
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is the largest membership organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).