Finalists announced for Creative Shootout 2018 live final
Nine agencies have made it through to the Live Final of The 2018 Creative Shootout, to be held at BAFTA on Thursday 25th January 2018. The nine agencies, selected by a very high profile Judging Panel from across the industry, are (alphabetical order);
- Bottle PR agency
- Clarion Comms Full-service PR and social media agency
- Frank PR agency
- Ignis Brand experience agency
- Mischief PR agency
- Pretty Green Entertainment, sport and lifestyle agency
- Shape History Social change company
- Talker Tailor Troublemaker Creative communications agency
- Text 100 Global marketing communications agency
This year the winning agency will receive a £250,000 media prize fund from premium publisher cooperative 1XL, to help stage their campaign, as well as £30,000 in fees from Charity of the Year, FareShare. 1XL is one of the UK’s leading digital advertising partnerships, representing 800 local news brands and commanding a comScore monthly unique audience of 23 million people across the UK.
Entry to the Creative Shootout was open to any marketing agency in the UK and is supported by major associations including The IPA, CIPR, CMA and IAB UK. To enter, agencies needed to give the Judges ‘60 seconds’ on why they had the creative clout for FareShare.
At the live Final, Finalists receive the real brief from FareShare, have four hours to work their creative magic, before pitching their ideas back in 10 minutes each to the Judges and live audience at BAFTA, who have a vote. In the evening a 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be crowned at an after party – with the winning team walking off with the trophy, £30,000 in agency fees and the £250,000 media prize fund from 1XL.
We’ve a cracking nine agencies in the Final this year. Choosing nine from the long list was tough, and the final decision was very, very close - namely because there were so many strong entries from a really diverse range of agencies.
The 2018 Judging Panel (alphabetical order) includes:
- Abba Newbery, Creator Development YouTube
- Alyson Walsh, Marketing Director FareShare
- Andrew Bloch, Founder & Group MD Frank
- Colin Byrne, CEO UK & EMEA Weber Shandwick
- David Gallagher, President, Growth & Development Omnicom
- Emma De La Fosse, CCO O&M
- Henry Faure Walker, CEO Newsquest
- James Booth, Founder & CEO Scoota
- Jason Gardiner, TV Personality, Founder & Creative Director The Rabbit Hole Group
- Professor Jonathan Shalit OBE, Chairman ROAR Group (UK)
- Johnny Pitt, Founder The Creative Shootout
- Luke D’Arcy, President Momentum
- Paul Bainsfair, Director General IPA
- Rosie Nixon, Editor-in-Chief Hello!
- Simon Fill, Chief Creative Officer Isobar
- Simon Peck, Group Managing Director Engine UK
- Sophie Daranyi, Chairman Haygarth
Scott Wimsett, Partner at Bespoke Film, and broadcaster, also led an Advisory Council of over 40 well known industry names, to help develop this year’s format. He’ll also be presenting the Live Final.
FareShare is the UK’s largest food re-distribution charity that is responsible for feeding half a million people a week, by re-distributing good, surplus food to over 6,700 frontline charities and community groups.
For us, creativity is a major driver in our organisation. It’s critical we’re creative in our thinking to help drive awareness and engagement of FareShare. We’ve got a very specific brief for The Creative Shootout this year and we hope the winning creative is a game changing moment for food poverty in the UK.
1XL will serve to communicate the winning creative and message to every corner of the UK through 800 trusted local news brands and a digital audience of over 23 million people a month. The Creative Shootout is unique with its real-time focus and our £250,000 media spend will hopefully make a meaningful difference to the issue of food poverty in the UK.
The Creative Shootout’s Official Partners are: 1XL and creative communications agency, Launch.
The Creative Shootout’s Official Supporters are: film and content agency Bespoke, legal firm Hill Dickinson, research company OnePoll, staffing and implementation agency Kru Live and financial advisers for the creative industry, WardWilliams Creative.
The Creative Shootout’s Supporting Marketing Associations are: The IPA, CIPR, CMA and IAB UK.
For more information, interviews or pictures on The Creative Shootout:
Sarah Hand or Alex Black - 020 7758 3900
LinkedIn: The Creative Shootout