Celebrating outstanding PR across Yorkshire and Lincolnshire
More than 200 public relations professionals packed out Leeds Town Hall last night for the 2017 CIPR Yorkshire and Lincolnshire PRide Awards ceremony.The Right Agency celebrated a hat-trick of Gold Awards, including the Public Sector Campaign prize for an outstanding campaign that boosted applications for NHS apprenticeships.
The #NHyeS campaign - delivered in partnership with Umpf and NHS Health Education England - promoted the NHS as an employer of choice and was praised by judges for “understanding the target audience” and implementing “a fun approach to social”.
The communications team from the University of Sheffield also scooped three Gold Awards, including the revered Outstanding In-House PR team. Media Relations Officer and PR diploma graduate, Amy Pullan capped a memorable night for the University by claiming the Outstanding Young Communicator title.
Leeds-based Approach PR won Outstanding Small PR Consultancy, while integrated communications specialists Prohibition were crowned Outstanding PR Consultancy winners.
The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire PRide Awards are an opportunity to show just how much creative, professional PR activity is happening in our region. The individuals, teams and agencies honoured this evening have demonstrated the highest standards of professional practice - long may they continue to do so.
Full Gold Award winners from the 2017 CIPR Yorkshire and Lincolnshire PRide Awards:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign - The Right Agency, Taking SolutionsPT from zero to automation hero
- Internal Communications Campaign - Kelda Group, Everyone, Everyday, Safe and Well
- Consumer Relations Campaign - Jaywing PR, Insurance2go - To upgrade or not to upgrade?
- Public Sector Campaign - The Right Agency, Umpf and NHS Health Education England, #NHyeS
- Community Relations Campaign - Approach PR, Inspiring scientists of the future
- Not-for-Profit Campaign – Acceleris, Purple - Changing the Conversation
- Healthcare Campaign - Strawberry and Hull & East Yorkshire NHS Hospitals Trust, Remarkable People. Extraordinary Place
- Integrated Campaign - The Right Agency, Reclaiming the Range Generation for Belling
- Low Budget Campaign - Yorkshire Building Society, Money Minds - A Financial Education Campaign
- Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign - Hull City Council, Ferens Art Gallery
- Education Communications Campaign - University of Sheffield, #WeAreInternational
- Regional Campaign of the Year – Umpf, Trinity Leeds is The Real Deal
- Best Use of Media Relations - Yorkshire Building Society and Cicero, Making the case for stamp duty reform
- Best Use of Digital – Finn, Wagg presents Dogglebox
- Best Use of Social Media - University of Sheffield, Aisha's Letter - inspiring scientists of the future
- Best Publication - Capital B Media, Emphasis
- Best Event – Acceleris, Catch of the Day
- Issues, Crisis or Reputational Management - Environment Agency, Yorkshire - one year on from floods
- Outstanding Young Communicator - Amy Pullan MCIPR, University of Sheffield
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team - University of Sheffield
- Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy - Approach PR
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy - Prohibition
Notes to editors
About the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)Founded in 1948, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners in the UK and overseas. The CIPR is the largest membership organisation for PR practitioners outside of North America. By size of turnover and number of individually registered members, we are the leading representative body for the PR profession and industry in Europe.
The CIPR advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).